Giving an oil massage to your baby is extremely important. however what’s more important is choosing the right Baby Massage Oil. A gentle massage will do wonders to your baby – it will calm your little one’s skin or ease her tummy, and even give her proper nourishment. and all this depends on the type of oil you pick.
Here we spare you from the hassle of choosing the right baby massage oil, so that your baby will always have a happy and healthy time!
Tips For Massaging Your Baby
You may have several thoughts in your mind on how to offer a massage for your little one. Here are some tips you’ll follow while you’re all set to give the massage.
- Before you are trying any oil on your baby’s skin, simply dab a little on her hand and see if it’s compatible with her skin. If your baby’s skin develops any rash, then avoid using that oil. However, all baby oils go compatible with their skin.
- Gently pour some oil on your baby’s tummy and begin massaging with soft strokes. don’t place any unnecessary extra pressure.
- Give a massage only when your baby is up for it. keep in mind that her comfort level is more important.
- Keep a check on your baby’s sleep cycle and then decide to give a massage accordingly.
Baby Massage Oil For During Summers
1. Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil is one of the most effective choices in hot summer and humid climates.
- Lighter in texture, it easily absorbs into the skin and offers a cooling effect on the body.
- Coconut oil is an effective treatment for sensitive skin and issues like skin problem, rashes, patchy skin, dermatitis and cradle cap.
- Applying alittle amount of coconut oil once bath can moisturize your baby’s skin and keeps it supple.
- Coconut oil contains anti-oxidants, lauric and caprylic acids, that are nice for her skin.
- It additionally has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that make it a perfect choice for baby’s skin.
The best coconut oil you’ll try for your baby is Nature’s Paradise Organic Coconut baby oil. It is paraben free, chemical free and biodegradable massage oil. The calming fragrance of coconut relaxes the baby. It contains vegetable oil that nourishes the baby’s tender skin. Another major component is Organic Argan oil, rich in vitamin E and antioxidants that supply healthy skin.
Similarly, Sesame oil is another alternative to coconut oil that you can choose during summers.
2. Sesame Oil
- Sesame or til as popularly known in India, is one among’st the healthy ingredients in a baby’s massage oil.
- Choose the oil that has been extracted from black sesame seeds; this can be also a popular Ayurvedic massage oil for baby.
Baby Massage Oil For During Winters
3. Mustard Oil
- Mustard oil is that the best baby massage oil during winters because it has a warming effect on the skin.
- It is not advisable to use the oil directly on the skin. It should always be used in combination with other bases.
- In northern and eastern India, Mustard oil is heated with garlic cloves and fenugreek seeds. Garlic is known for boosting the immune system, and fenugreek relaxes the baby’s body.
- Another effective massage remedy is mixing mustard oil with carom seeds. this combination helps to soothe colicky babies.
If you are doing not prefer using mustard oil due to its pungent odour, you’ll use olive oil or almond oil instead.
4. Olive Oil
- Olive oil is also immensely popular as massage oil for babies.
- There are many brands of massage oils that use olive oil as their main ingredient.
- It is safe to use olive oil for baby skin if there are not any signs of rashes, cuts, eczema or different allergies.
- For sensitive skin, it’s best to avoid olive oil because it has properties that enhance the permeability of the skin. this may allow the moisture to leave the skin quicker and further cause dryness and flakiness, enhancing skin issues.
5. Almond Oil
- Almond oil is a common ingredient in various massage oils.
- It is loaded with vitamin E.
- Use pure almond oil instead of the fragrant ones.
The best massage oil for baby that you will choose throughout winters is La Flora Baby bath and Body Massage Oil. It is a combination of almond oil, olive oil and calendula oil that gives complete protection for your baby’s skin. you’ll also use it as a bath oil. It relaxes your baby, reduces anxiety and promotes better sleep.
Baby Massage Oil For Sensitive Skin
If your baby’s skin is sensitive and prone to eczema or dryness, don’t use vegetable oils like olive oil or high-oleic sunflower seed oil. Oils containing oleic acid make your little one’s skin more tender and dry.
Vegetable Oils containing linoleic acids are suitable for sensitive skin. But, it should be difficult to search out whether the massage oil contains oleic or linoleic acids. Therefore, it’s better to check with the health care supplier to get the suitable massage oil for your baby. Vegetable oils that contain high amounts of linoleic acids and work for sensitive skin include:
6. Sunflower Oil
- Sunflower oil is commonly used as an edible oil and is safe for the skin.
- Sunflower oil contains vitamin E and fatty acids that help nourish the skin.
- Avoid using this oil if your baby has additional sensitive or rash-prone skin.
7. Chamomile oil
- It is recommended for newborns because it is good for sensitive skin.
- This oil is helpful for treating rashes and other skin breakouts.
- It is especially good for babies who are suffering from colic and helps to put them to sleep.
8. Tea tree Oil
- Apart from being natural oil, tea tree oil has high antiseptic properties.
- It is used for treating several skin allergies and provides baby a relaxed feeling.
9. Calendula Oil
- Another essential oil, that you’ll easily add to your baby’s massage.
- This oil may be safely used once bath as it has a soothing effect on the skin.
- It has a naturally mild fragrance and isn’t too harsh on baby’s nose.
10. Castor Oil
- It is recommended to use before giving bath to your baby.
- Castor oil may be used to treat dry skin, hair and nails.
- While applying castor oil, avoid the areas around baby’s eyes and lips.
Massage time is a good way to bond with baby. make sure you make the most of it. spend a few minutes every day with baby by giving massage. in addition to any other benefits, it’ll help strengthen the lovely bond you will share forever.
Hope this post can help you choose the best baby oil for skin. Do share your baby massage stories with United States.