Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi nowadays (thirtieth December, 2016) has released an Aadhaar primarily based cell charge software referred to as BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) – a modified model of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data), at the Digi Dhan Mela occasion in Talkatora stadium in New Delhi.
BHIM is a actual-time cashless transaction platform in which the payments may be made through use of bio-metric finger prints. The payments achieved thru this app is predicted to start over the following 2 weeks. As of now, the brand new APP may be downloaded from Android app store.
This cutting-edge app has been named within the honor of Bhimrao Ambedkar (Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar), the person who gave Indian Constitution.
What is BHIM App?
BHIM is a mobile primarily based utility interface to ship or get hold of money. One can also make virtual payments (e-bills) via this app. You ought to check in your bank account to the app and set a UPI PIN. Your mobile variety will then be your fee cope with and you could carry out financial transactions the use of the app. You can also take a look at stability or scan a QR code to make a payment.
As of now, the maximum amount that can be transacted is Rs 10,000 in step with transaction and Rs 20k in an afternoon.
How BHIM App works at Retail Outlets?
- The save-keepers (merchants) need to download the Aadhar based cashless service provider app (BHIM) on their smartphones.
- The telephone has to be connected to biometric reader (cost of biometric reader is round Rs 2k)
- The purchaser will then feed his or her Aadhar wide variety into the app.
- He/she then has to pick the financial institution via which the transaction can be performed.
- The patron has to scan his/her thumb impact, which is authenticated by using the biometric reader. (Almost forty crore Aadhaar numbers already stand related to bank debts – that is 1/2 the adults in India. )
Benefits of BHIM App
- BHIM app can be used on any smartphone even without the net (one time download is needed).
- There is not any need for a buyer/customer to have a mobile phone. It is a very easy utility and your (purchaser) fingerprint is sufficient.
- This app can cast off the requirement of PoS (Point of Sale) terminals.
- No bank and service provider transaction fee is relevant. (Generally 1 to a few% costs are levied at the transactions by Card groups like Visa or Mastercard).
- You can also use BHIM interface to switch money. It lets you make clean and short charge transactions the usage of UPI. You can easily make direct financial institution to financial institution payments and right away collect cash the usage of just Mobile variety or Payment address.
Which banks help the BHIM app?
Following are the banks that assist the BHIM app. The list is as launched by the authorities:
Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
FAQs on BHIM APP
Kindly click on at the under photo to go through the listing of FAQs on BHIM app.